Fast Fudge Sundaes
For big chocolate taste, Sue Gronholz of Beaver Dam, Wisconsin treats her family to this thick ice cream topping. "It's a snap to make the fudgy sauce," she writes. "And we like it better than the store-bought kind!"
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 ounce unsweetened chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 can (5 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Ice cream
- Maraschino cherries, optional
- Place the chocolate and butter in a microwave-safe dish. Microwave,
- uncovered, on medium-high for 30-60 seconds. Stir in the sugar, milk
- and vanilla; beat until smooth. Microwave, uncovered, on medium for
- 3-4 minutes or until bubbly. Serve over ice cream; top with a cherry
- if desired. Yield: 1-1/4 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons (calculated without ice cream or cherries) equals 150 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.