Fast Fruit Cocktail Cake
A convenient can of fruit cocktail is the key to this moist, down-home dessert from Karen Naramore of Gillette, Wyoming. "It's so comforting served warm with whipped cream or ice cream," she promises.
9 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir until
- smooth. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Combine brown
- sugar and nuts; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near
- the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream if desired.
- Yield: 9 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 268 calories, 5 g fat (trace saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 417 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.