Fast Fruit Cocktail Cake Recipe
A convenient can of fruit cocktail is the key to this moist, down-home dessert from Karen Naramore of Gillette, Wyoming. "It's so comforting served warm with whipped cream or ice cream," she promises.
- 1 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) fruit cocktail, undrained
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients; stir until smooth. Pour into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. Combine brown sugar and nuts; sprinkle over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Serve with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Fast Fruit Cocktail Cake in Quick Cooking September/October 1998, p52
Reviews for Fast Fruit Cocktail Cake(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 8, 2012
Add 1/2 tsp cinnomon to cake mixture and also another 1/2 tsp to nut topping, great
More Recipe Collections
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Breakfast Coffee Cake >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >