I was looking for ways to use up leftover beef when I created this tasty sandwich. I love dipping it in the onion soup.—Karrie Wagner, Barberton, Ohio
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed French onion soup, undiluted
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/3 cup water
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 sandwich buns, split
- In a 1-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the soup, beef and water. Cover and microwave on high for 3 minutes or until heated through.
- Meanwhile, place a slice of cheese on each bun bottom. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 1 minute or until cheese is melted.
- Using a slotted spoon, place beef on buns; replace tops. Serve with onion soup for dipping. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fast French Dip Sandwiches in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p27
Reviews for Fast French Dip Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review