Fast Fiesta Soup
"This spicy soup was served at a very elegant lunch, and the hostess was deluged with requests for the recipe," reports Patricia White of Monrovia, California. The colorful combination is a snap to throw together...just open the cans and heat.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 2 cans (10 ounces each) diced tomatoes and green chilies
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- Shredded cheddar cheese and sour cream, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine the tomatoes, corn and beans; heat
- through. Garnish serving with cheese and sour cream if desired.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (prepared with no-salt-added diced tomatoes and without cheese and sour cream) equals 210 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 576 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 10 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.