Fast Fajita Pita Recipe
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices deli roast beef, julienned
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- 1/2 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons salsa, optional
- 2 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing, optional
- 1. In a small skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and fajita seasoning in oil until vegetables are just tender. Add roast beef; saute 5-6 minutes longer or until beef is heated through.
- 2. Place a piece of cheese and a lettuce leaf in each pita half; fill with beef mixture and tomato. Serve with salsa and ranch dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
One serving: 2 filled pita halves (calculated without optional ingredients) equals 351 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 24 mg cholesterol, 870 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
Reviews for Fast Fajita Pita
"I happened to have honey-wheat Pitas on hand, so I used deli smoked turkey instead of the beef. My husband and I thought they were flat-out incredible. Thanks!"