- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices deli roast beef, julienned
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- 1/2 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons salsa, optional
- 2 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and fajita seasoning in oil until vegetables are just tender. Add roast beef; saute 5-6 minutes longer or until beef is heated through.
- Place a piece of cheese and a lettuce leaf in each pita half; fill with beef mixture and tomato. Serve with salsa and ranch dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fast Fajita Pita in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p29
Reviews for Fast Fajita Pita
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2011
"I happened to have honey-wheat Pitas on hand, so I used deli smoked turkey instead of the beef. My husband and I thought they were flat-out incredible. Thanks!"