- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1/2 medium sweet red or green pepper, julienned
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fajita seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 slices deli roast beef, julienned
- 2 slices Monterey Jack cheese (1/2 ounce each)
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 2 pita breads (6 inches), halved and warmed
- 1/2 medium tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons salsa, optional
- 2 tablespoons prepared ranch salad dressing, optional
- In a small skillet, saute the onion, red pepper and fajita seasoning in oil until vegetables are just tender. Add roast beef; saute 5-6 minutes longer or until beef is heated through.
- Place a piece of cheese and a lettuce leaf in each pita half; fill with beef mixture and tomato. Serve with salsa and ranch dressing. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fast Fajita Pita in Cooking for 2 Winter 2005, p29
Reviews for Fast Fajita Pita
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 1, 2011
"I happened to have honey-wheat Pitas on hand, so I used deli smoked turkey instead of the beef. My husband and I thought they were flat-out incredible. Thanks!"