"This colorful cold pasta salad is wonderful for warm days when you don't want to cook," writes Ruth Stone of Loyalton, California. "I like to make it ahead so when we get home from work, It's ready to serve with fruit and whole-grain bread."
Recommended: Your February Meal Plan
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 can (3 ounces) light water-packed tuna, drained and flaked
- 1 medium tomato, cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup pitted ripe olives, halved
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash pepper
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions; rinse in cold water and drain. Place in a large bowl; add the tuna, tomato, olives and onion. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the vinaigrette ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1-2 hours. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Mediterranean Pasta Salad in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p33
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fast Easy Mediterranean Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review