Fast Coconut Shrimp Recipe
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 jar (12 ounces) orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup rum
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. In another shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and coconut. Dip shrimp into egg mixture, then roll in crumb mixture.
- 2. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat 1/4 in. of oil to 375°. Fry shrimp, a few at a time, for 1-2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, bring orange marmalade and rum to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Serve with shrimp. Yield: 2 dozen (1-1/3 cups sauce).
1 each: 103 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 60mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 0 fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Fast Coconut Shrimp
"i wish i wouldve known this before the horrific night i had at the resturaunt trying to make it a different way.this recipe makes sence."