Fast Chicken Divan
Frozen broccoli and leftover chicken get an easy—but elegant—treatment in a dish from Bertille Cooper of St. Inigoes, Maryland. She dresses them up with a saucy blend of cream soup and mayonnaise, then covers it all with a golden, cheesy crumb topping.
4-6 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 8 cups frozen broccoli florets or chopped broccoli
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sliced pimientos, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute;
- drain. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top with
- chicken. Combine the soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice; spread over
- chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine bread crumbs and butter;
- sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and
- golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with
- pimientos if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 629 calories, 49 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 115 mg cholesterol, 944 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein.