- 8 cups frozen broccoli florets or chopped broccoli
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sliced pimientos, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute; drain. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top with chicken. Combine the soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice; spread over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with pimientos if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fast Chicken Divan
Sort By :
"My husband asks for this all the time! It is very simple and tasty which you can't beat on a work night. The only changes I made are using sour cream instead of the condensed soup with a few spices added like garlic powder, onion powder and paprika. Then we use gluten free bread crumbs. It turns out delicious every time! Great recipe that everyone enjoys!"
"I've made this numerous times, with three guys to feed they always look forward to it. This makes eating broccoli a joy. As a tip serve it with rice on the side."