Frozen broccoli and leftover chicken get an easy—but elegant—treatment in a dish from Bertille Cooper of St. Inigoes, Maryland. She dresses them up with a saucy blend of cream soup and mayonnaise, then covers it all with a golden, cheesy crumb topping.
- 8 cups frozen broccoli florets or chopped broccoli
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sliced pimientos, optional
- In a large saucepan, cook the broccoli in boiling water for 1 minute; drain. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; top with chicken. Combine the soup, mayonnaise and lemon juice; spread over chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and golden brown. Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with pimientos if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Fast Chicken Divan in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p16
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fast Chicken Divan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review