Fast Beef and Rice
I'm not much of a cook, but I did receive many recipe requests the first time I made this dish. Using a packaged rice mix makes it so simple to prepare.—Deborah Vahlkamp, Belleville, Illinois
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. Cook: 35 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (6.8 ounces) beef-flavored rice mix
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 2-1/2 cups water
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain
- and set aside. In the same skillet, brown the rice in butter. Add
- water and contents of rice seasoning packet; mix well. Stir in beef.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until rice is tender. Yield: 4
To make Fast Beef and Rice a complete meal, stir in 2 cups of your family's favorite cooked vegetable.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 389 calories, 17 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 837 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.