Fast & Fabulous Thai Chicken Salad
“This healthful recipe looks time-consuming, but it’s as simple as can be. Aside from mixing, the only prep work is chopping a red pepper. It’s a real crowd-pleaser.” —Elinor Ives, Fiskdale, Massachusetts
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 package (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
- 1/3 cup sesame ginger salad dressing
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup Thai peanut sauce
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, julienned
- 1/2 cup chow mein noodles
- 2 green onions, chopped
- In a large bowl, combine coleslaw mix and salad dressing. Transfer to
- a serving platter. Combine chicken and peanut sauce; place over
- coleslaw mixture. Top with red pepper, noodles and onions. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1-2/3 cups equals 230 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 588 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.