- 4 bacon strips, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 6 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 3 teaspoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup cubed fully cooked ham, divided
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh mushrooms, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- In a skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Remove with a slotted spoon to paper towels. Drain, reserving 2 teaspoons drippings. In drippings, saute onion until tender; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, water, salt if desired, pepper and pepper sauce. Melt 1-1/2 teaspoons butter in a 10-in. nonstick skillet over medium heat; add half of the egg mixture. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When eggs are set, sprinkle half of the bacon, onion, ham, mushrooms, green pepper and cheese on one side; fold over. Cover and let stand for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Repeat with remaining ingredients for second omelet. Yield: 2 omelets.
Originally published as Farmhouse Omelets in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2002, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Farmhouse Omelets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review