When my children were growing up, weekend breakfasts were full of surprises because the refrigerator was full of leftovers and there was time to come up with fun ideas like this one.
8-10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cups diced peeled cooked potatoes
- 8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup diced fully cooked ham
- 1/2 cup diced cooked roast beef
- 12 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- In a 10-in. ovenproof skillet, cook onion until tender. Add potatoes,
- bacon, ham and beef: heat through. Remove from the heat. In a bowl,
- beat eggs: stir in parsley and seasonings. Pour into skillet; stir
- gently to mix. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-30 minutes or
- until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Cut into
- wedges to serve. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 246 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 270 mg cholesterol, 656 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 14 g protein.