Farmhouse Chili Dogs Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, water, ketchup, sugar and chili powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Cook hot dogs according to package directions. Place in buns; top with meat sauce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 404 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 1036mg sodium, 33g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein
Reviews for Farmhouse Chili Dogs
"This was very delicious I will make it again every one loved it."