Farmhouse Chili Dogs Recipe
We host lots of hay rides, picnics, hot dog roasts and ice cream socials on our farm, and these chili dogs never fail to please. There’s always someone who fills a paper cup with the sauce and eats it straight.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, water, ketchup, sugar and chili powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Cook hot dogs according to package directions. Place in buns; top with meat sauce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 404 calories, 21 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 1,036 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC