We host lots of hay rides, picnics, hot dog roasts and ice cream socials on our farm, and these chili dogs never fail to please. There’s always someone who fills a paper cup with the sauce and eats it straight.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 8 hot dogs
- 8 hot dog buns, split
- Shredded cheddar cheese, optional
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the soup, water, ketchup, sugar and chili powder; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until thickened.
- Cook hot dogs according to package directions. Place in buns; top with meat sauce. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Farmhouse Chili Dogs in Country June/July 2007, p51
Reviews for Farmhouse Chili Dogs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 30, 2011
"This was very delicious I will make it again every one loved it."