Farmhouse Chicken Recipe
This dish gets its great flavor from dressed-up canned soup and its ease of preparation from stuffing mix. In less than an hour, I can assemble this casserole, bake it and put it on the table.— Alice Faye Ellis, Elkton, Oregon
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. Bake: 30 min. YIELD:8 servings
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) stuffing mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions; set aside. Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, celery, onion, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Top with stuffing.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC