This dish gets its great flavor from dressed-up canned soup and its ease of preparation from stuffing mix. In less than an hour, I can assemble this casserole, bake it and put it on the table.— Alice Faye Ellis, Elkton, Oregon
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) stuffing mix
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed cream of celery soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Prepare stuffing mix according to package directions; set aside. Place the chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, combine the soup, milk, celery, onion, salt and pepper; pour over chicken. Top with stuffing.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Farmhouse Chicken in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p16
Reviews for Farmhouse Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review