- from bones; discard bones and skin. Cut meat into bite-size pieces;
- return to broth. Cover and simmer.
- For spaetzle, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and nutmeg in a
- small bowl. Stir in the eggs, milk and parsley; blend well. With a
- rubber spatula, push batter through a large-hole grater or colander
- into simmering soup. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until
- spaetzle float to the top. Yield: 10-12 servings (about 3 quarts).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 210 calories, 8 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 558 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now