Farmhouse Barbecue Muffins Recipe
Tangy barbecue sauce, fluffy biscuits and cheddar cheese combine to make these hearty muffins. Try them with ground turkey or other shredded cheeses to vary the flavor. —Karen Kenney, Harvard, Illinois
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten into 5-in. circles. Press each onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup; set aside.
- 2. In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and chili powder; add to beef and mix well.
- 3. Divide the meat mixture among biscuit-lined muffins cups, using about 1/4 cup for each. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 226 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC