Farmhouse Barbecue Muffins
Our daughter's friends all "plowed" through a batch of these sandwiches at her "barnyard birthday party". The tangy barbecue sauce, fluffy biscuits and cheddar cheese make them real kid-pleasers.
Karen Kenney, Harvard, Illinois
10 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 tube (10 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Separate dough into 10 biscuits; flatten into 5-in. circles. Press
- each onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased muffin cup; set
- In a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, vinegar and chili
- powder; add to beef and mix well.
- Divide the meat mixture among biscuit-lined muffins cups, using about
- 1/4 cup for each. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake at 375° for 18-20
- minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 226 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 477 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 14 g protein.