Farmer's Market Squash Saute Recipe
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute squash and zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the mozzarella, basil and salt. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
3/4 cup equals 76 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 127 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Farmer's Market Squash Saute
"So easy and so delicious. I did leave out the tomatoes."
"Excellent! Husband who doesn't particularly like basil even enjoyed this!"
"Well, when my husband takes a second helping of vegetables, it must be a good recipe. I made this with Simply Seasoned Chicken as suggested in Simple and Delicious and added mushrooms and onion. Very good and will definitely make again."