Marie Rizzio shows us how to enjoy seasonal flavors with her cheesy saute, an easy-to-prepare recipe that “makes use of fresh squash, grape tomatoes and flavorful basil.” —Marie Rizzio, Interlochen, Michigan
- 1 medium yellow summer squash, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grape tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- Dash salt
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, saute squash and zucchini in oil until crisp-tender. Add tomatoes and garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in the mozzarella, basil and salt. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Farmer's Market Squash Saute in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p26
Reviews for Farmer's Market Squash Saute
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review