Farmer's Delight Chili Recipe
“This is absolutely delicious and really sticks with you.” Bulgur and kidney beans bring plenty of fiber to this hearty and full-flavored dish from Iola Egle of Bella Vista, Arkansas.
- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place bulgur in a small bowl; stir in boiling water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and seasonings.
- Drain bulgur; stir into chili and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Farmer's Delight Chili in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p46
Reviews for Farmer's Delight Chili(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 20, 2013
This is an excellent chili. My husband is a picky eater and he admitted he liked it and it was better the next day.
More Recipe Collections
- Beef Chili >
- Beef Recipes >
- Beef Soup >
- Chili Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Chili Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Ground Beef Chili Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Chili Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Healthy Soup Recipes >
- Low Fat Chili Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Chili >