- 1 cup bulgur
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 can (16 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Place bulgur in a small bowl; stir in boiling water. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes or until most of the liquid is absorbed.
- In a Dutch oven, cook the beef, onion and green pepper over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the broth, beans, tomatoes, tomato sauce, water and seasonings.
- Drain bulgur; stir into chili and bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour. Yield: 6 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Reviews for Farmer's Delight Chili
Sort By :
This is really good. VERY thick and next time I would use less bulgur because that's what makes it thick. I followed the recipe except used 32 ounces of beef broth and no water.
This is an excellent chili. My husband is a picky eater and he admitted he liked it and it was better the next day.