- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in an 8-in.-square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham and onions. Whisk eggs, milk, pepper and salt; pour over all. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Farmer's Casserole
Sort By :
"I don't know why, but I doubled the ingredients like a previous poster, and it was not cooked in the center when I took it out. I thought baking it 1 hr would be enough, but it still didn't get finished even when I put it back in the oven for another 15 min. We finally had to finish our individual portions in the microwave because everybody was hungry and tired of waiting. I had taken the hash browns out the night before, so they were defrosted. Also, I think perhaps the hash browns would taste better if they were browned first - they were still kind of raw tasting. I have other similar recipes which are fine, so I will not try this one again."
"Excellent. I used it for dinner with some leftover ham."
"The whole family liked it."
"I didn't care for this at all. It smelled wonderful and had very nice presentation but it was bland and the combo of evaporated milk and eggs had an odd texture. My guy enjoyed it tho. Can't please everyone ;-)"