- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in an 8-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham and onions. Whisk eggs, milk, pepper and salt; pour over all. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Farmer's Casserole
"I think its awesome way to get great recipes to cook at home for your family's."
"Not bad. Didn't use evaporated milk, just regular milk, and yellow onion instead of green. Needs more veggies, but has a good flavor."
"It's a great recipe! Not a lot of ingredients, can easily be adapted, and turns out delicious."
"Rating this recipe as printed. It came out very well. I especially like this recipe because it does not make a huge amount and does not use bread (gluten issues). Of course, it could be doubled. Very convenient to make the night before and bake the next day. It is a good "clean out the fridge" recipe. The flavor was a little bland for our tastes and that is the reason for 4 star rating instead of 5. When I make it again, I will use O'Brien type potatoes and a stronger flavored cheese. Very good basic recipe. Thank you for sharing with us."
"Made this for Christmas morning. It was easy and delicious. Based on some of the reviews I used a little less milk, maybe 10 ounces instead of 12. It was cooked perfectly after 45 minutes. I also substituted crumbled bacon instead of the ham because thats what I had available. Everyone loved it thanks for posting this!"
"Good. Easy to put together. Will try variations of it. Really needs longer cooking time. I made as directed, but was not done at 60 minutes. Way to liquid. Went another 1/2 hour, was nice a brown, covered with foil and cooked a bit longer. Also, as most should know, let set up before serving."
"Great recipe! Great as written and a great recipe to adapt to your family's taste. Super easy and delicious!"
"This casserole was a big hit with my son's university friends. Served it the morning after his university graduation party to him and all his friends. Leftovers the next morning reheated wonderfully with my son going to work . We all thought this was a five star. I added a little red pepper for some colour. This is a 5 star meal."
"For the people who added bacon or sausage, doesn't the fat make it greasy, and oily?"