Farmer's Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in an 8-in. square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham and onions. Whisk eggs, milk, pepper and salt; pour over all. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Farmer's Casserole(21)
Sort By :
My husband & I really like this. I've made it several times &, of course, the make ahead is a definite bonus.
Will use this for a ladies brunch.....looks good!
I'm going to try it with crushed pineapple and serve it to my church group. It sounds like a wonderful recipe and easy to make. I purchase two 1/2" thick slices of deli low salt, low fat ham and chunk chop it in my food chopper.
It's a recipe and it's very good...but I just have to put my two cents in about comments from people who get all bent out of shape that it could be a copycat recipe....IT's A RECIPE...don't get your panties all in a bunch - make the casserole and enjoy life!
Excellent dish. I made a few changes so it wouldn't be bland (as some commenters said). Added 4.5 oz canned diced green chiles, 5 oz diced Canadian bacon and instead of regular shredded hash brown I used the brand by the egg section of the grocery store, 24 oz/3 cups of "Simply Potatoes: Southwest-style Hash". Perfect!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Ham >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Breakfast Casserole Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Casserole Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >