- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in an 8-in.-square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham and onions. Whisk eggs, milk, pepper and salt; pour over all. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Farmer's Casserole
Sort By :
"This is my go to mix and match recipe. I've made so many variations using different types of potatoes, sausages, bacon, veggies, cheeses and it has always been a big hit. Endless possibilities for dinner, breakfast or brunch. A delicious dish to have fun with."
"This casserole was a big hit with my son's university friends. Served it the morning after his university graduation party to him and all his friends. Leftovers the next morning reheated wonderfully with my son going to work . We all thought this was a five star. I added a little red pepper for some colour. This is a 5 star meal."
"For the people who added bacon or sausage, doesn't the fat make it greasy, and oily?"
"I made this with bacon instead of ham and it turned out great. My husband really liked it."
"my husband, myself and church group loved this recipe...wouldn't chance a think...I used ham steak cut up and defrosted hashbrown patties I shredded myself...husband who is not crazy about eggs really loved it"