- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in an 8-in.-square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham and onions. Whisk eggs, milk, pepper and salt; pour over all. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Farmer's Casserole
Sort By :
"For the people who added bacon or sausage, doesn't the fat make it greasy, and oily?"
"I made this with bacon instead of ham and it turned out great. My husband really liked it."
"my husband, myself and church group loved this recipe...wouldn't chance a think...I used ham steak cut up and defrosted hashbrown patties I shredded myself...husband who is not crazy about eggs really loved it"
"To Simple foods : No these people are not laughable but rather just mean I love the reviews ,and admire the care in which people make changes to their personal preferences without hurting the feelings of the one who just wants to share."
"love the recipe, had not thought to use ham, my family also loves it with fried up ground sausage. And the Monterey jack was excellent!"