- 3 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 3/4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Place potatoes in an 8-in.-square baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese, ham and onions. Whisk eggs, milk, pepper and salt; pour over all. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake, uncovered, 55-60 minutes or until a knife inserted near center comes out clean. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Farmer's Casserole
Sort By :
"I tried this and not only is it quick and easy, it tastes delicious!"
"This is in my FB news feed today and I made it last night. Too funny. I cut the recipe in half for 2 of us but still used 4 eggs. It was good but I think, based on other comments, the baking temp should be a bit higher and time longer. I baked at 375 for 45 minutes. Next time I will try it with a cheddar and Monterey Jack mixture and perhaps bacon. I found the Monterey Jack a bit too mild. It's a good recipe to play with. You could add mushrooms and green or red pepper too."
"I used a roll of sage sausage in place of ham, also white onion not green onion (was out) and did not chill and it turned out great"
"Sorry, but I think it's laughable that anybody reading a recipe gets their eyebrows in a snit because they recognize it as having been published elsewhere. What are you people - the copyright police??!! This is a friendly, sharing down home web site, for goodness' sake! I seriously don't care where the recipe came from - EVER, for ANY reason! I guess I assumed that everybody else is reading the recipes because they love food, favorite recipes from different parts of the country, AND - maybe - because they're people who enjoy sharing good stuff rather than criticism. May it be so."
"This is a keeper!"