“I found this recipe in the newspaper several years ago and love it—especially for overnight guests,” writes Lynn Ames from Idaho Falls, Idaho. “I can whip it up in no time flat. Whenever I serve it, I’m asked for the recipe.”
LYNN’S TIP: “Add fresh fruit and hot coffee for a simple but satisfying breakfast.”
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 3 cups finely chopped peeled potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 9 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the potatoes, green pepper
- and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until
- vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and pepper; stir in ham and
- mushrooms. Stir into potato mixture. Cover and microwave at 70%
- power for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are almost set, stirring every
- 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or
- until cheese is melted and eggs are completely set. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 306 calories, 18 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 359 mg cholesterol, 727 mg sodium,