Farmer's Breakfast Recipe
“I found this recipe in the newspaper several years ago and love it—especially for overnight guests,” writes Lynn Ames from Idaho Falls, Idaho. “I can whip it up in no time flat. Whenever I serve it, I’m asked for the recipe.” LYNN’S TIP: “Add fresh fruit and hot coffee for a simple but satisfying breakfast.”
- 3 cups finely chopped peeled potatoes (about 3 medium)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 9 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine the potatoes, green pepper and butter. Cover and microwave on high for 7-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring once.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk and pepper; stir in ham and mushrooms. Stir into potato mixture. Cover and microwave at 70% power for 8-10 minutes or until eggs are almost set, stirring every 2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese. Cook, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and eggs are completely set. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Farmer's Breakfast in Simple & Delicious March/April 2007, p10
Reviews for Farmer's Breakfast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2011
Yummy! I used frozen hashbrowns, frozen peppers & onions. Wow was this good. Very easy to make.
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2009
Very good. I cut the recipe in half since there is just two of us. I also used fresh sliced mushrooms.