Inspiration struck when I saw a recipe like this one in a newspaper. My version was an instant hit with my husband and friends. It got even better when I discovered how easy it is to make in the slow cooker. —Bette Jo Welton, Eugene, OR
- 4 pounds bone-in beef short ribs
- 1 can (15 ounces) thick and zesty tomato sauce
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- Place ribs in a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker. In a large saucepan, combine the remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour over ribs; cook, covered, on low 6-8 hours or until tender. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Farm-Style BBQ Ribs in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2016, p10
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Farm-Style BBQ Ribs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review