Eeeek! The whimsical mice I made evoked shrieks of delight from the kids at our party. Peanut-half "ears" and licorice "tails" transformed these peanut butter cookies into country critters.
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- Peanut halves
- Black shoestring licorice, cut into 2-1/2-inch pieces
- In a bowl, cream peanut butter, butter and sugars. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine flour and baking soda; gradually add to creamed mixture. Cover and chill dough for 1 hour or overnight.
- Roll into 1-in. balls. Pinch one end, forming a teardrop shape. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets; press to flatten. For ears, press two peanuts into each cookie near the pointed end. Using a toothpick, make a 1/2-in.-deep hole for the tail in the end opposite the ears. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden. While cookies are warm, insert licorice for tails. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 4 dozen.
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review