- 1 package devil's food cake mix (regular size)
- 3 cans (16 ounces each) vanilla frosting
- Pink and yellow paste food coloring
- M&M's miniature baking bits
- Assorted candies (Brach's white dessert mints, pink mint candy lozenges and Good & Plenty candies)
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions. Fill 24 paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 350° for 21-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Cool completely.
- For pigs, tint 1 can of frosting pink; frost 12 cupcakes. Attach baking bits and dessert mints for eyes, pink candy lozenges for snouts, baking bits for nostrils and Good & Plenty candies for ears.
- For chicks, tint 2-1/2 cups frosting yellow; transfer to a pastry bag. Insert #17 star tip; pipe frosting onto 11 cupcakes. Pipe on feathers. Attach baking bits and dessert mints for eyes and candy corn for beaks. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Farm Friend Cupcakes in Kid Approved Cookbook 2011, p167
Reviews for Farm Friend Cupcakes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review