Farm Fresh Quiche Recipe
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped fresh mustard greens or spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and onion; cook and stir until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in greens and garlic; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer or until greens are wilted.
- Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Fill with
- broccoli mixture. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup Swiss cheese; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Farm Fresh Quiche(3)
Sort By :
Really good! But could use more seasoning. Also, the possibilities are endless when you could add crumbled turkey bacon for some protein or chopped asparagus . My husband loved this for Sunday brunch!
Besides being pretty to look at, this quiche cooked up very nicely. I liked the fact that it didn't need cream, which many quiche recipes call for. We added some other green veggies that were handy - asparagus (worked well) and green beans (a little chewy.) Even the "real men" in our house liked this quiche!
This was a delicious, simple dish to prepare. I made it for a quick dinner and it was so great. I replaced the broccoli with fresh zuchinni I had on hand and used crescent rolls I had instead of the pie crust. Added some fresh thyme and italian sausage, definately a winner.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Breakfast Recipes >
- Christmas Brunch Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Breakfast Recipes >
- Easter Brunch Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Quiche >
- Spinach Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >
- Taste of Home Magazine Brunch Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Vegetarian Recipes >
- Vegetarian Breakfast Recipes >
- Vegetarian Brunch Recipes >
- Vegetarian Recipes >
- Winning Comfort Food Recipes >
- Winning Vegetarian Recipes >