Going to the farmers market and talking with people who work on the farm inspires me to make recipes like this one, a quiche loaded with veggies. — Heather King, Frostburg, Maryland
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped fresh mustard greens or spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and onion; cook and stir until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in greens and garlic; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer or until greens are wilted.
- Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Fill with
- broccoli mixture. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup Swiss cheese; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Farm Fresh Quiche in Taste of Home June/July 2013
Reviews for Farm Fresh Quiche
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review