- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 bunch broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 cups chopped fresh mustard greens or spinach
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 sheet refrigerated pie pastry
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded smoked cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese, divided
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli and onion; cook and stir until broccoli is crisp-tender. Stir in greens and garlic; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer or until greens are wilted.
- Unroll pastry sheet into a 9-in. pie plate; flute edge. Fill with
- broccoli mixture. In a small bowl, whisk eggs, milk, rosemary, salt and pepper. Stir in 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup Swiss cheese; pour over vegetables. Sprinkle with remaining cheeses.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Farm Fresh Quiche
Sort By :
"Awesome recipe Heather! I made it for a friend's 99th birthday this morning and everyone loved it! I made a double recipe because I had two pie crusts so I froze one?so my question is, what would you recommend as the tweaked cooking time and/or temperature when taking from frozen? Thanks a bunch!!!"
"We had this for dinner tonight. The husband gave me thumbs up on this. He also had steak and corn on the cob with his but I only had the quiche. It is delicious. I used skim milk and spinach in my dish. I had a frozen pie crust in the freezer and used this crust which turned out fine but the pie dish did overflow when I poured in the liquid. I put quiche on a pizza pan and foil and everything turned out good!!!"
"I always shake my head at reviewers who rip a recipe apart for being too full of fat, sodium, or whatever. We can all read, so it's seems unnecessary to point that out, especially if you have not made the recipe. If you make it and it tastes too salty....that's another thing altogether. I personally just skip the reviews that just say they it "sounds terrible", blah blah blah. Make it, then submit your opinion. And I did make it! It was quite tasty. Love the fresh herbs and greens (especially this time of year)."
"I thought the recipe sounded good, but honestly, when I saw that each piece contains 386 calories and a whopping 28 grams of fat, 10 of them being saturated, I decided to make a lighter quiche. I really shouldn't rate this, but have to in order to submit this opinion."
"I don't understand how some of you can give it a 5 star when you changed the ingredients. ...So you didn't REALLY make the recipe as instructed, you changed it. Make it the way it says and THEN make a judgement. It's delicious without changing anything!"