Ever wish strawberries could always be in season? My homemade variety is ripe and ready for "picking" year-round. These sweet confections are real conversation starters. Plus, they tell my guests how special they are to me!
Recommended: 30 Desserts Ready in 30 Minutes
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) strawberry gelatin
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Red and green colored sugar
- Slivered almonds
- Green liquid food coloring
- In a small bowl, beat the gelatin powder and milk until smooth. Add pecans, coconut and vanilla; mix just until combined. Shape into strawberries.
- Roll sides of strawberries in red sugar and dip tops into green sugar. Tint almonds with green food coloring; insert an almond into the top of each strawberry for stem. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: about 2 dozen.
Originally published as Fantasy Strawberries in Country Woman July/August 2006, p40
Reviews forFantasy Strawberries
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review