A common combination of potatoes, bacon and cheese is made extra special with the unique addition of olives. This old-fashioned comforting dish is great with all kinds of meats.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in water until tender; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fantastic Potatoes in Country Pork 1996, p17
Reviews for Fantastic Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2009
"The combination of bacon, onions and green peppers made this a very tasty dish. I omitted the olives and added more peppers and onions. Will definitely make again."