A common combination of potatoes, bacon and cheese is made extra special with the unique addition of olives. This old-fashioned comforting dish is great with all kinds of meats.
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup diced process cheese (Velveeta)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced pimiento-stuffed olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- In a saucepan, cook potatoes in water until tender; drain. Stir in remaining ingredients. Spoon into an ungreased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Fantastic Potatoes in Country Pork 1996, p17
Reviews for Fantastic Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 28, 2009
"The combination of bacon, onions and green peppers made this a very tasty dish. I omitted the olives and added more peppers and onions. Will definitely make again."