Fantastic Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 pound mahi mahi or cod fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1. For sauce, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lime juice and milk; refrigerate until serving.
- 2. In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and lemon-pepper. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. Dip fish in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- 3. Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve in tortillas with toppings and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
1 taco equals 314 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 659 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.