- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 pound mahi mahi or cod fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- For sauce, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lime juice and milk; refrigerate until serving.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and water. In another bowl, toss bread crumbs with lemon pepper. Dip fish in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 2-4 minutes per side or until golden brown and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve in tortillas with toppings and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fantastic Fish Tacos
"Hubble and I will have this again"
"This is the long and messy way to cook fish. Alternately, I prefer to broil / bake at 450 deg F to achieve the same flavor for taco. The frying was difficult to control and my children did not care for it."
"My husband and I loved these! I've been looking for a great fish taco recipe and I have found a winner!"
"My 6 year old helped me make these last night and they were wonderful! We used Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning since I'm not a lemon-pepper fan and we mixed in 1/2 panko 1/2 breadcrumbs. Very good, will definitely make again!"
"I made these with Lake Erie perch and they were delicious. My whole family loved them. It is definitely a keeper."
"Love these. I mixed the coleslaw in the sauce and let it sit , much better."
"Delicious! I served these with the Pineapple Salsa and tortilla chips on the same page."
"My family really likes these tacos. I used broccoli slaw rather than coleslaw mix."
"Way too lemon pepper. We didn't care for the flavour at all. My husband's finished the meal and said "hmmm, there's not too many things I don't like.""
"Family favorite! We've made this recipe dozens of times. healthy and delicious. Sometimes I will place the breaded fish on a baking sheet and bake at 400 until the fish is cooked. It gives me time to assemble the rest of the ingredients while the fish is baking."