- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 pound mahi mahi or cod fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- For sauce, in a small bowl, mix mayonnaise, lime juice and milk; refrigerate until serving.
- In a shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs and lemon-pepper seasoning. In another shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. Dip fish in egg mixture, then in crumb mixture, patting to help coating adhere.
- Place a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Add fish; cook 2-4 minutes on each side or until golden brown and fish just begins to flake easily with a fork. Serve in tortillas with toppings and sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fantastic Fish Tacos
Sort By :
"Hubble and I will have this again"
"This is the long and messy way to cook fish. Alternately, I prefer to broil / bake at 450 deg F to achieve the same flavor for taco. The frying was difficult to control and my children did not care for it."
"My husband and I loved these! I've been looking for a great fish taco recipe and I have found a winner!"
"My 6 year old helped me make these last night and they were wonderful! We used Mrs. Dash Garlic and Herb seasoning since I'm not a lemon-pepper fan and we mixed in 1/2 panko 1/2 breadcrumbs. Very good, will definitely make again!"
"I made these with Lake Erie perch and they were delicious. My whole family loved them. It is definitely a keeper."