Fantastic Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1/2 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons fat-free milk
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons salt-free lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1 Eggland's Best Egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 pound orange roughy fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 4 corn tortillas (6 inches), warmed
- 1 cup coleslaw mix
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese blend
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, lime juice and milk; cover and refrigerate until serving.
- In a shallow bowl, combine bread crumbs and lemon-pepper. In another shallow bowl, combine egg and water. Dip fish in egg mixture, then roll in crumbs.
- In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook fish over medium-high heat for 3-4 minutes on each side or until it flakes easily with a fork. Spoon onto tortillas; top with coleslaw mix, tomatoes, cheese and cilantro. Drizzle with mayonnaise mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fantastic Fish Tacos(6)
Sort By :
Delicious! I served these with the Pineapple Salsa and tortilla chips on the same page.
My family really likes these tacos. I used broccoli slaw rather than coleslaw mix.
Way too lemon pepper. We didn't care for the flavour at all. My husband's finished the meal and said "hmmm, there's not too many things I don't like."
Family favorite! We've made this recipe dozens of times. Healthy and delicious. Sometimes I will place the breaded fish on a baking sheet and bake at 400 until the fish is cooked. It gives me time to assemble the rest of the ingredients while the fish is baking.
I love these tacos! My boyfriend used to live in California and would eat fish tacos all the time. He missed them, so I found this recipe with both love!
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Father's Day Dinners >
- Fish Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Seafood Recipes >
- Simple Dinner Recipes >
- Simple Quick Recipes >