Fantastic Chicken Fajitas Recipe
Fajitas are my favorite dish when I'm at a Mexican restaurant, so I decided to try making them at home. They turned out so well that I served them the next time my husband's parents came to visit. Everyone said they were delicious!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min. YIELD:5 servings
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 10 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 4 tablespoons oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil for 8 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve in tortillas with cheese and guacamole. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC