Fantastic Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 10 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 4 tablespoons oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil for 8 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve in tortillas with cheese and guacamole. Yield: 5 servings.
Reviews for Fantastic Chicken Fajitas
"So easy and good with sour cream, guacamole, cheese and salsa. I added peppers and onions and let it marinate for a little over an hour."
"Good but needs more spice for our taste and I prefer to have peppers/onion as well."
"These were great! Easy and everyone loved them! I did add some onion, I was a little wary of the marinade but it really came together. It was good."
"This is a recipe my whole family enjoyed. I added onions and salsa. The flavor wasn't as strong as I would have liked but it was very good even as leftovers."
"Wow!! I won't bother with another fajita recipe ever. This was fantastic. I would never have tried this just by looking at the ingredients but I trusted the previous reviewers. I added a little extra lemon juice, and sauted onions and red and green peppers in a bit of the marinade that I had set off to the side. Will make this one regularly. My six and seven year olds (along with hubby and teenagers) loved it! Thanks for sharing!!"
"The ingredients seemed a little odd for fajitas, but these are very good. Next time I will add a little spice."
"The BEST chicken fajitas I've ever made! Thanks for the recipe!"
"Loved the marinade!!! This meal was very quick and easy to get ready. Next time I will also add more of the traditional fajita fixings like some red and green peppers and onions. Very good flavor!!!!!"
"This marinade is so flavorful!!! This is now one of my go to meals. I love it. I usually add a little more lemon for flavor and cut up peppers and put them in to marinade as well. Delicious!"
"My family loves this recipe!! I make it all the time."
"I prepared this exactly as written but added sliced green peppers and sliced onions to the skillet with about 2 tablespoons of the marinade before I cooked the chicken. I liked that the recipe didn't have lime juice as I don't like it. As soon as I finished cooking I had to run out for an appointment and ate when I got home. This was good even cold. Picky husband said he would love to have this again."
"I used leftover steak instead of marinating chicken. The sauce was excellent. This created wonderful fajitas!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.