- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 10 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 4 tablespoons oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil for 8 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve in tortillas with cheese and guacamole. Yield: 5 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fantastic Chicken Fajitas
Sort By :
"Good but needs more spice for our taste and I prefer to have peppers/onion as well."
"These were great! Easy and everyone loved them! I did add some onion, I was a little wary of the marinade but it really came together. It was good."
"This is a recipe my whole family enjoyed. I added onions and salsa. The flavor wasn't as strong as I would have liked but it was very good even as leftovers."
"Wow!! I won't bother with another fajita recipe ever. This was fantastic. I would never have tried this just by looking at the ingredients but I trusted the previous reviewers. I added a little extra lemon juice, and sauted onions and red and green peppers in a bit of the marinade that I had set off to the side. Will make this one regularly. My six and seven year olds (along with hubby and teenagers) loved it! Thanks for sharing!!"
"The ingredients seemed a little odd for fajitas, but these are very good. Next time I will add a little spice."