Fajitas are my favorite dish when I'm at a Mexican restaurant, so I decided to try making them at home. They turned out so well that I served them the next time my husband's parents came to visit. Everyone said they were delicious!
- 5 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 10 flour tortillas (7 inches), warmed
- Shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 4 tablespoons oil, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, lemon juice, vinegar, salt and pepper. Add chicken; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. In a large skillet, saute chicken in remaining oil for 8 minutes or until no longer pink. Serve in tortillas with cheese and guacamole. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Chicken Fajitas in Country Extra July 2000, p49
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fantastic Chicken Fajitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review