Fancy Sugar Cookies
These pretty lattice-topped cookies are ideal for decorating with colored sugar. Placed on a cookie tray, they make a stunning addition to any dessert table.
60 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 8 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Powdered Sugar
- COLORED SUGAR CRYSTALS:
- 2 tablespoons Domino® or C&H® Pure Cane Granulated Sugar
- 1 to 2 drops food coloring
- In a large bowl, cream sugar and shortening until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in
- sour cream, vanilla and lemon extract. Combine flour, baking soda
- and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Cover and refrigerate
- at least 30 minutes or until easy to handle.
- On a powdered sugar covered surface, roll out half the dough to
- 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with floured 2-1/2-in. cookie cutters. Place
- 1 in. apart on greased cookie sheets. Roll out remaining dough to