Fancy Sugar Cookie Bars
Looking for a quick and easy way to transform plain old refrigerated cookie dough into something special enough for unexpected guests? Try this treat from Shirley Dehler in Columbus, Wisconsin. "I dress mine up with chocolate chips, coconut and whatever nuts I have on hand for these fancy, mouthwatering bars in just minutes."Shirley Dehler, Columbus, Wisconsin
24 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- Let dough stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes to soften. Press
- into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for
- 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Sprinkle with chocolate chips, coconut and pecans. Bake 10 minutes
- longer. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 2 dozen.