For extra-special steaks at home in Ardmore, Pennsylvania, Harriet Block relies on this simple but flavorful recipe. “I like to round out the meal with oven-roasted potatoes and corn on the cob,” she adds.
- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- Add the onion, tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, garlic, lemon-pepper and remaining oil to the skillet. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Spoon over steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fancy Skillet Steaks in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p53
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Fancy Skillet Steaks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review