My kitchen is a busy place over the holidays, but I enjoy taking the time to make these nuts. They’re the perfect balance of sweet and spicy. —Valerie Belley, St. Louis, Missouri
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mixed nuts
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. Add nuts; toss to coat. Spread onto a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake at 300° for 35-40 minutes or until nuts are lightly toasted and appear dry, stirring occasionally. Serve warm or at room temperature. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 4 cups.
Originally published as Fancy Roasted Nuts in Taste of Home December/January 2013, p38
Reviews for Fancy Roasted Nuts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review