Fancy Phyllo Cup Recipe
Phyllo dough is great for making eye-catching desserts with a little work. Experiment with other preserves for a tasty twist on these fancy sweet treats.
- 8 sheets phyllo dough (14 inches x 9 inches)
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup white baking chips
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/2 cup seedless raspberry preserves, room temperature
- White chocolate curls, optional
- 1. Place one sheet of phyllo dough on a work surface (keep remaining phyllo covered with plastic wrap and a damp towel to prevent it from drying out); brush sheet with butter and dust with confectioners' sugar. Top with a second sheet of phyllo; brush with butter and dust with sugar.
- 2. Cut into 12 squares. Place one square on top of a second square, alternating corner points; press into a greased muffin cup. Repeat with remaining 10 squares, filling five more muffin cups. Repeat the process three times with remaining phyllo dough, butter and sugar.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 5-6 minutes or until lightly browned. Carefully remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
- 4. In a microwave, melt baking chips with milk; stir until smooth. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and melted chip mixture until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- 5. Spoon or pipe into phyllo cups; drizzle with raspberry preserves. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Garnish with chocolate curls if desired. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 138 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 72 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Fancy Phyllo Cup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC