Fancy Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the shortening, peanut butter and sugars until light and fluffy, about 4 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Roll into 1-in. balls. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks.
- 3. For frosting, in a large bowl, cream the butter, shortening, peanut butter and confectioners' sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the milk, vanilla and salt until smooth. Frost cookies. Combine melted chips and milk; drizzle over frosting. Yield: 7-1/2 dozen.
2 each: 227 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 162mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Fancy Peanut Butter Cookies
"Wonderful recipe. I used 1/2 c butter & 1/2 c butter crisco and they turned out just like the picture. This is the best peanut butter cookie recipe I have found. They freeze well too. The icing tastes great on graham crackers also."
"These cookies are delicious and pretty!"
"I made these cookies and unfortunately for my family was not impressed. But... the pictures looks different than my cookies, probably because I always use butter in my cookies and not shortening."
"Excellent recipe. You can decorate the cookies quickly by putting the icing in a decorating bag with a large tip. Pipe the frosting on. If you'd like more chocolate, melt 2 cups semi sweet chips with 12 T butter, cool for a few minutes, and put a spoonful on top of frosting, spreading into a circle. This makes a soft chocolate glaze with a bit more punch than the original recipe."
"Very easy to make! Received many compliments on how soft they are!"